Do I Need Air Conditioning Maintenance?
Whether you have just purchased your home or you’ve had your home for a while now, everyone benefits from air conditioning maintenance. A/C maintenance is just the process of inspecting and repairing your unit before small issues become big problems. As with your furnace or boiler it is highly encouraged to have inspections schedule once or twice a year. For air conditioner maintenance in Mills River and Asheville, NC, turn to All About Heat & Air. We have years of experience and the dedication to providing quality service. Call us today, 828-778-2560, to schedule an appointment.
Benefits of A/C Maintenance
Many homeowners wonder if inspections are even worth the cost. Their air conditioning unit is already expensive, why should they add to that cost every year? That is a great point. A/C units are expensive, but they are considered an investment. And with investments, you want to make sure that you are always getting what you paid for. Inspections have the benefit of:
- Lower heating & cooling costs: Regular inspections and maintenance mean your unit will work more efficiently. Efficiency will help keep the heating and cooling costs down.
- Fewer breakdowns: There can be fewer breakdowns or need for repairs when maintenance and repairs are regularly scheduled.
- Increased system lifespan: Any effort to maintain your A/C unit will help extend the life-expectancy.
Regular inspections help ensure that your air conditioner works efficiently, lasts as long as it should, and actually provides cool air. Let the experienced team with All About Heat & Air help today! Call us at 828-778-2560 for air conditioning maintenance for your Mills River and Asheville, NC property.
As a homeowner, there are several steps to take to maintain your air conditioner in between appointments.
- Change air filters: It is recommended to change your air filters at least once a month. This will prevent dust, debris, and more from building up and restricting air flow.
- Dust/Sweep unit: So much can collect around your outside A/C unit. Every now and then, go outside to dust away any debris, leaves, or whatever else as gathered. Doing so will help to keep your unit working properly.
- Test thermostat: Often times, any problem with an air conditioner can come back to the thermostat. Run a test to make sure your unit is turning on and shutting off when it is supposed to.
During your schedule inspections, technicians have a checklist they go over. They will look at every aspect of your air conditioning system, including:
- Checking the ductwork
- Cleaning filters
- Recharging refrigerant
- Testing belts
- Cleaning blowers
- Checking the condition of valves and connections
Basically, your technician will go through to make sure everything within the air conditioning system is working together correctly. One minor problem can quickly turn into an emergency. That is why it is so highly recommended to have maintenance inspections scheduled. A technician can find any issues and repair them before they do become emergencies.
Contact All About Heat & Air Today to Schedule Your Next Appointment
When you need air conditioner maintenance for your Mills River and Asheville, NC property, rely on All About Heat & Air. We are a highly skilled team ready to help. Call us at 828-778-2560 when you are ready to schedule an appointment.