If you live a little bit outside of a major city, then you more than likely have a septic system. A septic system is important as is removes solids from wastewater. The solids that are removed from wastewater turn into sludge and stay within the septic tank. Because the sludge stays in the system, it is so important to get the proper maintenance for your septic tank. Some of the maintenance that can be provided for your septic tank is septic pumping, which is able to remove liquid, solids, and sludge from the septic system. Another maintenance service that your septic tank needs to go through is cleaning. Septic tank cleaning and pumping are often times used interchangeably, but the truth is, they are different services. Pumping removes liquid, solids, and sludge, whereas septic tank cleaning is removing all of the water and sludge that is at the bottom of the septic tank.
Unlike septic pumping, septic cleaning needs to be done a little bit more frequently. Septic pumping is done every three to five years, but if you have more than a couple of people living in your home or working at your business, you should get septic system cleaning every year. However, it’s all going to depend on the number of people and the size of the septic tank. If you think you are needing septic tank cleaning service, please contact All About Plumbing & Septic. We are professional plumbers who are able to offer septic tank cleaning to residents of Mills River, Hendersonville, and Asheville, NC. To make an appointment, just dial 828-778-2423.
Why Septic Cleaning Is Important
Because septic systems are located underground, they aren’t really something that homeowners and business owners are thinking of. While it’s easy to put your septic tank out of your mind, it still requires regular cleaning in order to perform properly. In order to keep your septic system in the best shape, scheduling an inspection is the best action to take. A plumbing contractor is able to take a look at your septic tank and determine if pumping or cleaning is needed. Septic system cleaning might not seem like a big deal, but there are a couple of reasons why you should consider it one of the most important services for your septic system.
One of the worst things that can occur when your septic tank is too full and needs cleaning is that a sewage backup will materialize. This happens because the sludge becomes too high in the tank, which will then create clogs. These clogs can then backups in your drains and toilets, making a huge mess and making your plumbing unusable. Another thing that you need to be aware of is that when the septic tank is too full, but it can cause wastewater to leak out and contaminate your soil. These things can really affect your home and business, so if it’s been a while since your last cleaning, contact us to get septic tank cleaning in Mills River, Hendersonville, and Asheville, NC.
Signs You Need Septic Tank Cleaning
A lot of people might not be intentionally avoiding septic system cleaning but have simply forgotten when cleaning is needed. This can happen a lot, but luckily, our septic systems exhibit signs that let us know when cleaning is needed. Knowing when septic cleaning is needed will help you avoid sewage backups, as well as contaminated soil and water.
- Pooling Water: One of the biggest signs that you need cleaning is when you see pooling water around the drain field or the tank. Typically, pooling water happens when the tank is full or if there is a clog.
- Extremely Healthy Yard: If the area by your tank or drain field is a lot greener or lusher than the rest of your yard, then it’s probably due to the fact that your septic system is overflowing and requires cleaning.
- Awful Smells: Are you noticing horrible smells coming from your drain field, tank, drains, toilet? A normal septic tank doesn’t smell and doesn’t cause smells in other plumbing systems; if you are experiencing this issue, get it looked at right away.
- Slow Flushing and Drainage: If you notice that your drains are slow and that flushing your toilet is slow, then you need to have your septic system looked at. There could be clogs within other plumbing systems, but it’s worth having your septic system inspected just to make sure you don’t need cleaning.
- Sewage Backup: A septic system that is too full can cause sewage backup in your drains, toilets, and other plumbing systems. Sewage is messy and dangerous to your health, so to prevent this from happening, you need to call an expert for cleaning before it’s too late.
If you are looking to avoid sewage backups and foul odors, the best step you can take to protect your septic tank is getting septic tank cleaning in Mills River, Hendersonville, and Asheville, NC. You can reach one of our plumbers by calling our office at 828-778-2423.
Septic Tank Treatment
While septic tank maintenance includes pumping and cleaning by a licensed plumber, there are things that you can do in order to keep your septic tank in the best condition. Things you can do is use water wisely, dispose of waste correctly, and make sure that your drain field is in good shape. Another thing you can do is use BioOne, which is an all-natural enzyme. In order for your septic system to break down waste, it needs enzymes; To keep your septic tank performing the way it should and ensuring it has the proper enzyme levels, we recommend that our clients use BioOne. To learn more about this septic cleaning product or to schedule septic tank cleaning in Mills River, Hendersonville, and Asheville, NC, call the plumbers at All About Plumbing & Septic today by dialing 828-778-2423 for septic tank service.