Repairing Your Electric Furnace
Electric furnaces are a great investment. With modern technology, homeowners can have the luxury of gas heating throughout their home, without the need for a constantly lit pilot light. Electric furnaces use electricity to ignite the flame, heating the air that is pushed through a house. They are technologically sound and the preferred option by many homeowners. But there can be some downsides to this particular system and unit. If you do have an electric furnace, there is still the need for consistent maintenance and upkeep. For electric furnace repairs in Hendersonville, Mills River and Asheville, NC, let All About Heat & Air. We are new to HVAC, but we are not new to problem-solving. Call us today at 828-778-2560 to learn more.
Electric Furnace Replacement and Repair
An electric furnace, like most others today, has a lifespan of about 16 to 20 years. However, when neglected a furnace can burnout quickly, wasting money and material. Regular maintenance will help prevent the need for constant repairs, but we know that things will always happen suddenly. Our team is available for emergencies as well as schedule inspections.
When is it Time to Replace an Electric Furnace?
Every kind of furnace has an expiration date, so to speak and there are definite ways to extend the life of your unit. But, many homeowners don’t really know what to look for to determine if they need an electric furnace replacement. Generally speaking, there are several things to look for.
- Age: If your furnace is older than 8 years, it is definitely time to replace your furnace. The older your unit is, the more likely it is to fail, break, and damage.
- Rising bills: Older units are often ineffective. You’ll be able to see this in your energy and electric bills. The longer you wait, the higher your bills could get.
- Constant thermostat adjustment: There could be something wrong with the furnace ability to distribute heat if you are needing to change the thermostat in every room.
- Strange noises: Loud bangs, clanking sounds, and grinding sounds that come from your furnace are serious and need to be addressed immediately.
- Constant repairs: If you are making constant repairs to your furnace, it is time to replace the entire unit.
Before you rush to replace your unit, talk first with a technician about electric furnace repairs. In most cases, a repair will not only be more effective, it will be more cost efficient as well. But like we’ve mentioned before, if you find that you are constantly needing to make repairs, a replacement of the whole unit may be more beneficial.
When it is time for either repairs or an electric furnace replacement, rely on All About Heat & Air. We are an experienced team of technicians and plumbers. Our team will come out to inspect your current unit, checking for any potential damage or problem. If any is found, we have the tools to complete electric furnace repairs on the spot.
Contact Us Today for Electric Furnace Services
When you need reliable service, All About Heat & Air is the team for you. We now offer HVAC services to our current and new clients. Do you think you need electric furnace repairs in Hendersonville, Mills River and Asheville, NC or the surrounding areas? If so, let us get started today! Call us at 828-778-2560 to learn more about our services and to schedule an appointment.